Students working on a QUEST project: please note that Abode Services is not able to accept any more QUEST students during the 2013-14 year. We thank you for your interest, and encourage you to seek out other local organizations working to help people who are in need.
Our volunteers help maintain a supportive and compassionate environment. They are essential to reducing the isolation many of our clients experience.
Ways individuals and groups can volunteer:
- Become an Activity Buddy in the Children’s Program
- Assist with donation delivery and pick-up
- Garden and help maintain the building
- Assist at the front desk/reception area
- Help with light maintenance
- Assist with fundraising and special events
- Work with residents on resume and interview skills (great for people with HR experience)
- Prepare meals at Sunrise Village
- (For hair stylists): Provide haircuts to Sunrise Village residents
- Tutor school-aged children
- Teach computer skills (Excel, Word, Publisher, Internet)
- Other: If you have a special skill or talent you’re interested in sharing, please let us know!
Highway Patrol Officer Cynthia Segundo (right)
delivers toys to Sunrise Village
Leitch Elementary School teachers
dropping off the proceeds of their food drive
Tammie and Mike Wallace at the
2012 Hayward Volunteer Recognition and Awards Dinner