More than 2,500 community volunteers give their time and service to Abode Services each year, helping us provide services to participants at our shelter and other programs.
Meal service at Sunrise Village Emergency Shelter is just one of the ways volunteers can get involved with our programs! Here, volunteers from Genco Bay Area gather for a group photo before preparing a meal for residents at Sunrise Village Emergency Shelter.
Our terrific volunteers serve in a variety of roles, including:
- serving on committees and on our Board of Directors,
- preparing and serving meals,
- tutoring and leading children’s activities,
- helping to sort and store donated items,
- performing light cleaning and maintenance,
- providing office and front desk support,
- helping out during the holidays and at special events,
- and more!
If you would like to volunteer your skills and enthusiasm to brighten the lives of adults and children in need, please fill out this form. Please submit your application and we will contact you. If your skills and experience fit a current volunteer opening, someone from Abode Services will contact you.
All prospective volunteers must be approved on the volunteer calendar by Community Outreach Director Jean Morgan.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Abode Services.